Almost every industry relies on the trailer and commercial trucking industry to transport goods. At G.E. Mathis Company, we offer a wide range of high-quality metal fabrication services to the trailer and commercial trucking industry using various high-strength metals to meet the needs of many industry-specific applications.
Metal Fabrication Services for Trailers/Commercial
From G.E. Mathis Company’s 135,000 square-foot facility, we perform various fabrication services for trailers and commercial trucks. Our laser cutting equipment can cut metal sheet and plate on our 14-feet wide and 100-feet long table with materials ranging from 16 gauge sheet to 1.25-inch thick plate.
Our press-brake forming equipment can accommodate metal parts of various sizes. Our fleet of 8 press brakes range in size from 20-ft. up to 48-ft. long and forming capacity from 400 up to 1,000 tons. We can bend up to 2-inch thick high-strength steel, and we also have CNC-controlled equipment for optimal accuracy.
Our AWS D1.1 certified welders can deliver precision welding services. In addition, G.E. Mathis Company has a Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) on staff. Welding processes include submerged arc welding (SAW), Shielded metal arc welding (SMAW), and Gas metal arc welding (GMAW): MIG welding. We work with a wide variety of metal, including high-strength and abrasion-resistant steel and can accommodate large production runs with automated and CNC-controlled welding options.
To suit the needs of trailer and commercial trucking applications, we use various high-quality materials, including:
- High-Strength Steel: High-strength steel is made to withstand more kilopounds per square inch (ksi) than conventional steel, allowing for stronger and more lightweight parts.
- A656 Grade 80: A656 grade 80 is a low-alloy steel known for its corrosion resistance and strength. It is ideal for trailer and truck parts requiring durability and longevity.
- 100 ksi Min Yield: We use this high-strength steel for trailer and commercial truck parts. A high minimum yield strength offers higher tensile strength.
- STRENX® Performance Steel (Domex®): This high-strength steel from SSAB provides lightweight strength that is ideal for trailers and commercial trucks.
- Abrasion-Resistant Steel: Abrasion-resistant steel reduces wear of abrasion-prone parts like trailer end dump sides. This material delivers greater longevity for trailer and commercial truck parts.
- HARDOX® Wearplate: This proprietary, high-strength steel from SSAB is abrasion-resistant and provides extended lifespan and high performance against wear.
Metal fabrication is vital to a wide range of applications in the trailer and commercial truck industry. End dump sides or sidewalls are a trailer component that we fabricate from 1/4-inch thick HARDOX 450 and HARDOX 500TUF for its toughness and strength. We can manufacture end dump sides in one piece up to 48-feet in length, minimizing the need for welds and significantly lowering fabrication time.
We fabricate top rails for trailers using cold-formed 1/4-inch thick STRENX 100XF. Our large brake-press can form top rails up to 48-feet in length, allowing for less assembly time than traditional top rails. Draft sills enhance the rigidity of the trailer. We fabricate draft sills with A656 Grade 80 steel or 100 ksi high-strength steel.
G.E. Mathis Company also provides commercial truck fabrication services, including the fabrication of truck frames and components. We use high-strength materials like STRENX® and equipment that can accommodate various sizes to manufacture frame rails, cut-a-way bodies, drawers, toolboxes, hauler beds, flatbeds, and various other components.
G.E. Mathis Company Trailers/Commercial Solutions
High-strength materials and cutting-edge fabrication equipment deliver durable and lasting solutions for trailers and commercial trucks. At G.E. Mathis Company, we offer our fabrication capabilities for prototyping, manufacturing, and blanket orders. Our large facilities and equipment allow us to reduce assembly time, keeping our lead times and rejection rates to a minimum. We meet the tightest tolerances in the industry and use automated and CNC-controlled equipment for large-scale orders.
In addition to being an ISO 9001:2015-certified manufacturer, G.E. Mathis Company can provide the following services:
- PPAP (Production Part Approval Process) – All Levels
- FAIR (First Article Inspection Report)
- Capability Studies (Statistical Process Control)
- CMRT (Conflict Minerals Reporting Template)