Top Metal Forming & Bending Services in Chicago, IL
G.E. Mathis Company is Chicago’s premier choice for quality metal forming & bending services. Armed with over 115 years of industry experience and state-of-the-art fabrication equipment, we have the knowledge, skills, and tools to produce formed and bent metal components that meet the various specifications and standards of customers throughout the Chicago, IL area and beyond.
Our Chicago, IL Metal Forming & Bending Services
We offer a range of metal forming and bending services to businesses in Chicago and the surrounding towns. Our eight hydraulic press brakes—four of which are equipped with CNC technology—can accommodate a broad selection of materials in thicknesses up to 2 inches and lengths of 20, 23, 25, 30, 40, and 48 feet. This equipment allows us to manufacture a variety of components, including angles, channels, cones, cylinders, ob-rounds, segments, and more, in prototype to production volumes.
Our metal forming and bending services include:
- CNC metal fabrication
- CNC sheet metal bending
- Metal bending
- Metal fabrication
- Precision bending
- Press brake forming
- Steel bending
We are proud to serve customers across many different industries with our precision forming and bending services. Some of the industries we regularly work with include:
Our forming and bending services are available to customers located in and around Chicago. The areas we service include but are not limited to:
Why Choose G.E. Mathis Company?
G.E. Mathis Company is the ideal partner for nearly any metal forming and bending project. Our extensive experience, advanced precision forming equipment, and vast tooling inventory provide us with everything we need to create quality parts and products that meet and/or exceed some of the strictest customer specifications and standards. Our ISO 9001:2015 certified quality management system and stringent inspection and testing processes further demonstrate our commitment to quality.
In addition, G.E. Mathis Company can provide the following services:
- PPAP (Production Part Approval Process) – All Levels
- FAIR (First Article Inspection Report)
- Capability Studies (Statistical Process Control)
- CMRT (Conflict Minerals Reporting Template)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Below, we provide answers to some of the questions commonly asked by our customers.
How do you choose a Chicago metal forming company?
It can be challenging to choose the right metal forming company in the Chicago area, especially if your project requires highly specialized capabilities. Some of the factors you should consider when evaluating your options include:
- Experience. The metal forming company you partner with on your project should have experience producing formed or bent components for your application/industry or a similar application/industry.
- Employees. The company you choose should have employees who are highly experienced and fully certified in the services you require for your project.
- Equipment. You should look for a company that has up-to-date design and manufacturing technology that meets your fabrication needs. Additionally, if you plan on forming a long-term partnership, they should be willing to invest in new equipment as needed.
- Quality. Your metal forming partner should have strict quality standards, so you can trust them to deliver components that fully meet your specifications.
What is metal fabrication? What does a metal fabricator do?
Metal fabrication is a manufacturing term that covers all of the cutting, forming, and assembly processes used to convert raw material into finished components and structures. Metal fabricators are the companies that perform these operations.
Chicago’s Leader in Metal Forming and Bending
At G.E. Mathis Company, we provide an extensive range of precision metal fabrication services. In addition to our forming and bending capabilities, we also offer:
- Precision laser processing
- Precision CNC plasma cutting
- Precision CNC punching
- Precision welding
- Contract manufacturing