Over 100 years of experience in specialty metalworking positions G.E. Mathis Company as an industry-leading supplier of long, intricate, and close-tolerance metal fabrications. Our steadfast commitment to quality, integrity, and craftsmanship has been an integral part of our mission since the day of the company’s founding.
As part of this commitment, our team strives to source the best materials in the world and collaborate with trusted suppliers to ensure that our customers receive cost-effective, dependable products tailored to their unique application.
What Is Hardox?
Hardox is a wear-resistant steel, manufactured and exported worldwide by SSAB, a highly specialized global steel company that develops high-strength steels for better performance and sustainability. Hardox wear-resistant components feature high-strength steel construction that offers a proprietary combination of hardness and toughness, rendering them exceptionally wear and impact resistant. In addition to their hardness and toughness, Hardox products also demonstrate several other unique performance characteristics, including:
- Abrasion resistance
- Up to four times the service life of mild steel components
- Reliability and consistency of the part shape
- Excellent material strength and structural integrity
- Fabrication versatility and machinability
- Suitability for surface finishing (e.g., priming and painting)
These qualities make them ideal for a variety of extreme and rugged industrial applications. Regardless of the grade of the wear plate employed, the material maximizes performance and service life in any application.
Benefits of Using Hardox
Using Hardox products provides several benefits to industrial companies, such as:
- Durability. The high strength and wear resistance characteristic of Hardox products allow them to withstand greater impact and wear stress without experiencing significant damage, such as cracks, dents, dings, or bending.
- Ease of use. As Hardox products maintain their properties regardless of the environmental conditions, companies can machine, process, and use them with little hassle and produce consistent, reliable results.
- Reduced costs. By bearing the majority of the load, Hardox wear plates protect other components and equipment from damage during operation, maximizing their performance levels and extending their overall service life. These qualities allow facilities to increase their productivity while decreasing the cost of operation, maintenance, and repair. Some applications experience service life doubled, tripled, or multiplied by ten thanks to the use of Hardox wear plates.
- Reduced weight. Because of the strength offered by Hardox wear plates, fabricators can in some cases use thinner material and still achieve the same service life. This allows companies to minimize the weight of their equipment without sacrificing performance.
What Is Hardox Wearparts?
Hardox Wearparts is a worldwide network of steel service companies like G.E. Mathis Company that have been approved by SSAB—the mill that produces Hardox wear plates—as qualified fabricators for working with Hardox materials. Members of the network have access to the largest wear knowledge base in the world, and as such, operate according to the highest standards in quality, performance, and safety.
As a proud member of Hardox Wearparts, G.E. Mathis Company is one of the world’s foremost precision metal fabricators of premium Hardox wear-resistant components. These components are used in abrasive industrial environments ranging from agriculture, coal, and construction to energy generation, metalworking, and mining.
Partner With G.E. Mathis Company for Your Hardox Wearparts Needs
For over a century, quality, integrity, and craftsmanship have remained the cornerstones of any project fulfilled by G.E. Mathis Company. These values have allowed us to grow into a major supplier and national source of long, intricate, and close-tolerance fabrications, and earned us a reputation for excellence in quality fabrication and customer service.
We maintain a full staff of certified craftsmen to offer all types of fabrication using Hardox plate. We typically have access to the following high-strength materials:
- Hardox 450 Plate, Hardox 450 Sheet
- Hardox 500 Plate, Hardox 500 Sheet
- Strenx 100 (Domex)
- Strenx 100 XF (Domex)
- Strenx 110 XF (Domex)
- Strenx 700 (Weldox)
- Strenx 900 (Weldox)
Working to our customers’ exact specifications, we provide services that include laser cutting, thermal cutting, and welding for plates that range in thickness from .125” to 2.00”.
With our wide variety of fabrication capabilities, decades of experience, and a “whatever it takes” attitude, our team can adapt to changing needs and provide solutions that meet our customers’ exact needs and specifications.
To learn more about G.E. Mathis Company’s Hardox wearparts fabrication capabilities, please click to expand the tables below, or download our eBook, “Fabricating Tougher Components with Hardox Wearparts.” To find out more about our company or to partner with our team on your next project, contact us, or request a quote.
Hardox Wearparts Fabrication Capabilities
|Material||Abrasion Resistant (AR)
|Grade||300 to 500 (HARDOX®)
100 to 110 (STRENX®)
|Thickness||.125″ to 2.00″|
|Tolerances||Tightest in Industry|
|Additional Services||Metal Finishing
|Production Volume||Prototype to Production|
|Typical Lead Time||1 to 2 weeks|
|Intended Application||Lifting Equipment
|Industry Standards||ISO 9001:2015 Certified
|File Formats||AutoCAD Inventor